Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a compound found in the cannabis plant that has many benefits. It’s been proven to help people with anxiety and psychosis. The most common way to take CBD is orally by consuming it as an oil tincture or edible product. However, can you use oral CBD topically? Yes! There are different ways of applying CBD topically, such as lotion, balm, ointment, and oils.
Understanding Topical CBD Products
Topical CBD is a product that is applied directly to the skin. CBD oil or a cream containing hemp extract can be absorbed through the skin and into nearby blood vessels, which helps provide muscles with relief from pain. This type of CBD product works by impacting the endocannabinoid system, which is responsible for maintaining homeostasis in the body.
In using topical CBD products, you get to gain these benefits:
- Relieve joint and muscle pain by using CBD balm
- Reduce inflammation with CBD ointment or lotion
- CBD creams moisturize the skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
There are different CBD products that you can choose from. Among these are:
- CBD balms: This is effective in relieving muscle and joint pain. It’s also used as a skin conditioner that reduces dryness and flaking of the skin.
- CBD lotions: If you’re looking for something light, then this is your best option since it doesn’t feel sticky on the hands. This moisturizes the skin while reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- CBD ointments: This is a good option if you need something thick. It works best for skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema, but it can also be used to relieve pain from sore muscles or arthritis.
- CBD creams: This is a good alternative if you don’t like the greasy feeling of ointments and lotions. This works on all skin types, even sensitive ones. It’s a moisturizer that penetrates through the top layer of skin to provide relief from muscle aches or joint pains.
Ways to Use Topical CBD Products
Since CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, it’s safe to use this on your body. Here are some of the ways you can apply topical CBD products:
- Apply directly on the skin -Add a few drops into the bathwater and enjoy a relaxing herbal soak
- Mix with other ingredients such as lotion or essential oils to make a homemade CBD product
- Add CBD oil to your everyday products, such as body lotion, shampoo, and conditioner
- Use CBD oil for skincare on dry areas such as elbows, knees, and feet -Apply it to any part of your body before you hit the gym since this can reduce inflammation.
You can also use topical CBD to treat medical conditions such as chronic pain, arthritis, and skin irritations. For maximum benefits of using topical products, you should apply them to areas that hurt or where your muscles are tense. These include hands, wrists, back, and legs. The dosage may vary depending on the person’s weight and the severity of pain or muscle tension.
Understanding Oral CBD Products
Oral CBD is typically taken in the form of oil, but there are some edibles that you can eat. It’s important to note that the effectiveness of using CBD orally depends on how it enters your body. Edibles take a longer time to show their effects since this has to go through your digestive system first before being metabolized by the liver and entering your bloodstream. There are benefits to gain from taking oral CBD products. These are:
- Relieve pain with CBD oil
- Improve and calm the mood, especially in children with ADHD with a tincture or edible product
- Treat anxiety and depression by taking oral CBD drops
- This is more cost-effective than topical CBD products
- Prevent seizures and manage symptoms of epilepsy with oral CBD oil
Some of the oral CBD products include:
- CBD capsules: This is a good alternative if you don’t like the taste of the oil. There are CBD capsules that you can swallow, and this goes through your digestive system, where it’s metabolized by the liver before entering your bloodstream.
- Vaping CBD oils: If you want to ease pain quickly, then vaping hemp extract will be your best option. There’s no need to wait for it to be digested and enter your bloodstream since this is one of the quickest ways.
- CBD edibles: If you don’t like taking pills, then eating CBD edibles may be a good choice for you. There are lots of CBD edibles that you can choose from, such as gummies, brownies, and chocolates. Just make sure to do your research first before buying any product since not all of them work well with CBD oils.
- CBD tinctures: This is one effective option for those who want fast relief. This is also cost-effective since you can adjust the dosage depending on what feels right for you.
Related post: Best CBD Oil Products for Weight Loss
Ways to Use Oral CBD
Oral CBD products are typically taken in the form of oil, but there may be some alternatives that you can take. Here are some ways to use oral CBD:
- Add a few drops into your beverages, such as coffee or tea -Place it under your tongue for faster results
- Use vaporizer pens if you want immediate relief from pain or discomfort
- Mix with other ingredients such as salad dressing, oil, and water if you want to make homemade CBD products
- Make your tincture by mixing glycerin with CBD concentrations of your choice. This can be consumed directly or placed under the tongue for faster benefits.
Oral CBD has become popular because it provides immediate relief, and this can be easily adjusted depending on the person’s needs. If you want to experience all of these benefits, then make sure to do your research and select a quality CBD product.
Related post: Does CBD Oil Help With Crohn’s Disease
Oral CBD on the Skin: Is It Effective?
Using oral CBD topically is an accepted move. But can you use oral CBD oil topically on the skin? Most of the time, it is possible to apply orally ingested products or full-spectrum hemp oil directly onto your skin. However, it is best to choose a product that is typically allowed. This is to ensure that there will not be any side effects, especially on your skin.
There is no doubt that oral CBD can also be used topically. However, you have to make sure that it is safe on the skin. If you are not sure if this is safe for your skin, then do some research first. This way, there will be no side effects on the skin, and it can also provide all of these benefits that oral CBD products have to offer.