We all know that menstrual cramps can be absolutely horrendous. They disrupt your life and make it difficult for you to enjoy anything during the time they’re happening. Luckily, there’s a natural remedy that is safe and effective: CBD. This article will provide information and tips on how to use CBD for menstrual cramps so that you can get back to living your best life as soon as possible without relying on prescription medications or other unnatural treatments.
Is CBD a Viable Option for Menstrual Cramp Reliefs?
CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in hemp. It has been used for medicinal purposes since ancient times. Today, it has been used to alleviate the symptoms of many medical conditions. And this includes menstrual cramps.
CBD is a viable choice to get relief from menstrual cramps as it can provide different benefits that can help a woman suffering from period pains get relief. CBD is known to alleviate pains, including that menstrual cramps. CBD helps in the reduction of pain and inflammation. Many women have reported that CBD is helpful for menstrual cramps, fibroids, endometriosis, and many others.
Health Benefits from CBD for Menstrual Cramps
CBD can bring relief from menstrual cramps. It can provide different health benefits such as:
- Relieve symptoms of menstrual cramps such as pain and inflammation. CBD is also known to help in the reduction of aches and pains, including those from period cramps. It can be used for relieving other symptoms associated with menstruation, which include mood swings, fatigue, nausea, or vomiting.
- Reduce anxiety and stress. CBD can help regulate the endocannabinoid system to balance hormones, reduce inflammation, pain relief, and improve sleep quality.
- It is an antioxidant that provides neuroprotective properties for anti-aging, healthy skin, and cellular protection from damage caused by free radicals.
- Has been shown to inhibit cancer cell growth in breast, colon, liver, lung, and other types of cancer.
- CBD can provide different benefits, such as relief from menstrual cramps that closely relate to women’s health problems like endometriosis or fibroids.
Defining Menstrual Cramps
Menstrual cramps are defined as pain in the lower abdomen, back, or thighs, along with other symptoms that women experience during their menstrual period. Women who go through this may most likely feel a crampy sensation and experience a dull ache, sharp pain, or tenderness in the lower abdomen.
Using CBD for Menstrual Pains
CBD can be used in different ways. Here are some of them:
- Use CBD oil topically by massaging the affected areas. It will not only help relieve cramps but also soothe skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and acne. – You may take it orally through capsules or pills to reduce discomfort.
- You can also use CBD oil in a suppository form which you need to insert into the vagina, allowing the cannabinoids to soak directly into your bloodstream. – Inhalation of vapor from CBD vape is another method that one may use when suffering from menstrual cramps.
Using CBD for PMS
CBD can also be used to treat PMS. For that, you need to take cannabis products with high CBD levels daily for up to three weeks before your period is expected. It helps regulate your hormones and reduces the severity of PMS symptoms.
Menstrual Cramp Therapies to Try
There are different menstrual cramp therapies that you can try to alleviate the pain and discomfort of menstruation. These include:
- Exercising regularly
- Eating a healthy diet full of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains
- Getting enough sleep every day
- Drinking lots of water daily
You can also try:
- Acupuncture and different natural remedies.
Which is a Better Choice: CBD or THC?
It is important to note that though both CBD and THC can provide benefits, they also work differently. Studies show that CBD provides pain relief without the psychoactive effects of THC. This means you won’t feel “high” or suffer from memory loss when using it for your menstrual cramps.
When it comes to period pains, it is best to choose CBD over THC, especially if you just want to relieve the discomfort and pain without getting high.
Best Ways to Use CBD for Menstrual Cramps
CBD is effective only when used properly. There are CBD products that are applied directly to the skin, while there are those that are taken orally. To know how to use the product correctly, it is best to read the label carefully. And make sure that you follow instructions to avoid incorrect use of the product.
List of CBD Products Effective for Menstrual Cramp Reliefs
Here are some of the CBD products that you can use for your menstrual cramps:
- CBD Cream: CBD cream is a topical product that you can apply directly to the skin. It contains a high concentration of CBD and other ingredients such as coconut oil, beeswax, shea butter, and more.
- CBD Tincture: A tincture is an extract in an ethanol solution that gives users convenience for using it. It comes in different flavors and can be mixed with drinks like coffee, tea, or smoothies.
- CBD Capsules: The CBD caps are great for those who would prefer to take them orally. They contain 25mg of CBD per capsule without any artificial ingredients or preservatives that may harm your health. You just have to take one pill a day.
- CBD Vaporizer: If you want a more convenient method of using CBD, vaping is the best option for you. It allows users to inhale cannabinoids directly without any combustion involved, and it comes in different flavors as well. All you have to do is buy e-liquid or e-juice that contains a high concentration of CBD, then add it to the tank of your vaporizer.
CBD for Menstrual Cramps Dosage
It is important to take CBD for menstrual cramps in the right dosage. This will ensure that you get all of its benefits without experiencing any side effects. For adults, it is best to start with a low dose and then gradually increase it until you experience relief from pain and discomfort.
If you are unsure of how much CBD to take, you can consult the doctor about it. They can help you figure out the proper dose for you to take.
Related post: Does CBD Help Hair Loss and Growth?
CBD is effective for treating menstrual cramps. Women who go through monthly period pains can rely on the power of CBD in alleviating the discomfort. There are a lot of products you can use to get the benefit of CBD. You just have to make sure that you follow instructions properly for you not to experience any side effects due to incorrect use of CBD products.